We are grateful to our many hardworking volunteers who made Chinquapin’s first Quid Pro Quo Day a resounding success!
More than 50 Chinquapin students, faculty, alumni, and supporters from the greater community (including volunteers from Astros Foundation) accomplished a great deal:
- Logging 210 hours of sweat equity
- Sanding and staining decking around the senior statue
- Power washing, edging, leaf blowing (dry), painting the fire lane
- Deep cleaning multiple classrooms’ desks, floors, walls and organizing closets and power washing outside, sweeping & mopping
- Emptying out an old storage shed
- Deep cleaning, degreasing, tile cleaning the kitchen
- Shampooing carpets, deep cleaning, bathroom showers, stalls & floor tiles in multiple dorms
- General landscaping, including weeding and mulching, mowing, edging, cutting tree limbs & shaping shrubs
- Deep cleaning and organizing, sweeping & mopping throughout the gym/weight room
- Organizing, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping the office
Since our founding in 1969, Chinquapin has relied on our community to power our campus. Quid Pro Quo Day 2020 was a shining example of people working together to give back.
Please check back to find out how you can help in the future!